You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
An artist is an explorer in the domain of the arts.
Bernar Venet was born in Château-Arnoux-Saint-Auban (Alpes de Hautes Provence, France) in 1941. He studied in Nice and his first personal exhibition is organized in 1964. In 1963, he paints black canvases of tar, meaning «the black as the refusal of the easy communication». Venet composes cartoons monochrome reliefs. He becomes friend with the upholders of the "New Realism" (Arman, Cesar, . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)*« The five years of Bernar Venet », Donald Karshan, New York Cultural Center & F. Dickinson Uni, New York, 1971 All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Bernar Venet », C. Millet, Ed. du Chêne, Paris, 1974
- « La négation du style », B. Huin, Musée dép. des Vosges, Epinal, 1985
- « Venet », J. Van Der Marck, Ed. de la Différence, 1988
- « Noir, noir et noir, Photographies 1963-1990 », J.-L.Schefer, Ed. Marval, 1991
- « A Wonderful life : 1974-1994 », Alain Coulange, Ed. Galilée, 1996
- « Bernar Venet », Pierre Arnauld, Giampaolo Prearo Ed., 2000
- « B. Venet », Pierre Arnaud et Achille Bonito Oliva, Ed. Marval, 2001
- « Bernar Venet », Thierry Lenain, coll Monographies, Ed. Gallimard, 2007
- « Le monde de Bernar Venet », T. Davila, A. Mousseigne, Ed. Lienart, 2011
- « Bernar Venet poétique ? », collectif, Jean Boite Ed., 2017
To read from the artist :
- « La ligne et sa définition », In « Art Press » n°54 (décembre)
- « Bernar Venet : 1 pour 1 », entretiens, J.-P. Peynot, Ed. Archibooks, 2008
Stamp by Bernar Venet
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps