You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
I work on cities, on what they hide, their past, and the memories that haunt them.
Ernest Pignon-Ernest was born in Nice in 1942. He studied in his hometown and first worked in architecture. From a very young age he regularly has solo exhibitions. Very quickly, the artist becomes interested in the city and produces, over a course of time, numerous urban interventions that bring him notoriety. Pignon-Ernest commits himself, he chooses the city, out of challenge or necessity, . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Non réalisé à ce jour All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Ernest Pignon Ernest : Rimbaud Regards », par A. Avila, Ed Aréa, 1986
- « Ernest Pignon Ernest », P. Jung, Ville de Belfort, 1988
- « Ernest Pignon Ernest », Musée d’Evreux, 1994
- « Ernest Pignon Ernest », MAMAC, Nice, 1995
- « Ernest Pignon-Ernest, la monographie », A. Velter, Ed. Galerie Lelong, Paris, 2007
- « Le Tao du torero », André Velter, Ed. Actes Sud, 2014
- « Pignon-Ernest, Prisons », G. Mordillat, Ed. Galerie Lelong, Paris, 2014
- « Pour l’amour de l'amour. Figures de l’extase », André Velter, Ed. Gallimard, 2015
- « Pignon-Ernest, De traits en empreintes », M.-J. Mondzain, S. Longh, Ed. Gallimard, 2016
- « Ceux de la poésie vécue », A. Velter, Ed. Actes Sud, 2017
To read from the artist :
- « Ernest Pignon Ernest : propos recueillis », E. Couturier, Herscher, Paris, 199
- « Interview d'Ernest Pignon-Ernest », C. Gerini, in Street Art Magazine N°4, 2016
Stamp by Ernest Pignon-Ernest
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps
Artist's handwritten document
Private collection / This document is not for sale
Mouvements de l'art
- + ARTISTS OF TODAY / XXth century /
- + PHOTOGRAPHY PERIOD 1975 / 1975- / John Divolo, Lucas Samaras, etc.
- + STREET ART / 1970-2020 / Above, Jef Aérosol, Blek le Rat, Niclas Castello, David Choe, Codex Urbanus, Martha Cooper, Combo, Darco, Escif, Shepard Faired, Futura 2000, Shamsia Hassani, Invader, Jace, JonOne, JR, Eduardo Kobra, Jérôme Mesnager, Miss.Tic, Monsieur Chat, Roa, Spy, Malina Suliman, Taki 183, Vhils, Gérard Zlotykamien.