You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
In the beginning of the 50's, each painter need had to live in Paris
Hella Guth was born in 1912, near Carlsbad (Bohemia/Czechoslovakia). She died in 1992 in Paris. She followed studies to the School of Applied Arts in Vienna, then to the Academy of Beaux-Arts in Prague. She studies there not only the drawing and painting, but also graphic arts (in particular technique of woodcut). In the Thirties, Hella Guth collaborates by his illustrations in various magazines . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Non réalisé à ce jour. All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « H. G. », in journal satirique anti-fasciste Simplikus, 20, Der Simpl V., 1935
- « H. Guth », in catalogues Salon des Réalités Nouvelles, n°8 à 13, 1954 à 1959
- « Dictionnaire de la peinture abstraite », Michel Seuphor, 1957
- « Irmelin Lebeer et H. Guth » in Chroniques de l’art vivant, Ed. A. Maeght 1971
- « H. Guth, Malerei aus 5 Jarhzehnten », I. Below, cat.., Gal. Sfeir-Semler, Kiel, 1989
- « Ich bin nicht ich wenn ich sehe », Theresa Georgen et autres, Berlin, 1991
- « Exilforschung 10. Künste im Exil », Claus-Dieter Krohn, Ed. Text & Kritik, jan. 1992
- « Zum Tod von H. Guth », Feministische studien, Revue, Inhaltsverzeichnis, 1993
- « Hella Guth (1908-1992), Arbeiten auf Papier », Ausstellungskatalog Aachen 1998
- « Hella Guth, Dissolved figures », Jewish Museum, Gal. Robert Guttmann, Prague, 2008
To read from the artist :
- No references yet.
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Hella Guth
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps