You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
I have so much to learn from the materials I use.
Takesada Matsutani is born in 1937 in Osaka (Japan). As a teenager, he attends the art school of his hometown city, where he studies painting and traditional Japanese art of pigment and glue in bone (Nihonga). Suffering from tuberculosis, he spends eight years of his life at home, mostly bedridden. From the experience of this isolation, he pulls his first sketch. Very soon, he receives the dual . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Non réalisé à ce jour. All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Matsutani - Perspectives japonaises », A. Oudin, cat., Gal. Alain Oudin, 1978
- « Les Miroirs Metaphysiques de Matsutani », A. Jouffroy, Kaneko Art, Tokyo 1982
- « Matsutani’s Stream of ... », S. Kwock-Silve, cat., Cont. A. C., Honolulu, 1986
- « Gutaï », coll., cat. d'exp., Gal. Nationale du Jeu de Paume, RMN, Paris, 1999
- « Waves », A. Jouffroy et autres, cat., Otani M. A.M., Nishinomiya, Japon, 2000
- « Waves Paris-Miyazaki », T. Fujino, Gendaikko-Museum, Miyazaki, 2001
- «Tableau, drawing and prints », R. Takezawa, cat., Ed. Ga. Tamura, Hiroshima, 2009
- « Matsutani Stream », cat. d'exposition, Museum of Modern Art, Kamakura, 2010
- « Permanence and Metamorphoses in ... », G. Viatte, cat., Gal. Richard, N. YY, 2013
- « Takesada Matsutani », coll., cat., Ed. Les Presses du réel, 2013
To read from the artist :
- « In the Kansai », Kenneth White, dessins Matsutani, Ed. A. Arichi, Paris, 2010
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Takesada Matsutani
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps
Mouvements de l'art
- + OPTICAL ART / 1955-1968 / Nicolas Schöffer (cybernetic art), Larry Poons, Bridget Riley, etc.
- + LYRIC ART, ABSTRACT, TACHISM / 1950-1960 / Jackson Pollock, Emil Schumacher, etc.
- + ARTISTS OF TODAY / XXth century /
Valuation - Brokerage
If you wish to offer an artwork by this artist or get an appraisal, please feel free to contact us.