You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
In my etchings, I believe that I can attain this extreme acuteness that attracts me.
Genevieve Asse was born in Vannes in Brittany, France in 1923. Her parents were editors. She attended the National School of Decorative Arts in Paris in 1940, but ‘didn’t learn anything there about painting’. Her inspiration would be her native Britanny. During the war, she participated in struggle for the Liberation, she joined the FFI, then worked . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Geneviève Asse », Cat. , Musée Cantini (Marseille), 1987
- « G. Asse - Peintures », cat. d'expo., Galerie Claude Bernard, 1989
- « Geneviève Asse », G. Viatte et J.-L. Daval, Ed. Skira (Genève, Suisse), 1995
- « G. Asse, le volume et le trait », Cat., Ed. Musée de la Cohue de Vanne, 1997
- « G. Asse : la pointe de l'oeil », Cat., Bibliothèque nationale de France, 2002
- « Geneviève Asse », Laurent Salomé, Ed. Somogy, 2009
- « G. Asse - Huiles sur papier », L. Harambourg et autres, Ed. Pagine d'Arte, 2012
- « Geneviève Asse : Peintures », C. Briend et autres, Ed. Somogy, 2013
- « Geneviève Asse », Lydia Harambourg, Ed. Ides et Calendes, Neuchâtel, 2015
- « Geneviève Asse », R.M. Mason et autres, Fage Ed., 2015
To read from the artist :
- « Un été avec Geneviève Asse », Silvia Baron Supervielle, Ed. de l'Echoppe, 1996
- « Notes par deux », collection L'art en écrit, Ed. Jannink, Paris, 2003
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Geneviève Asse
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps
Letter autograph to Pierre Descargues
Michelle Champetier Collection / This document is not for sale